Monday, April 30, 2007

New Year's April 28, 2007






Many times, when the new year starts people make a bunch of asinine resolutions, only to find out that two weeks later they are back to not going to the gym, eating junk food, or one of the other many generic and lame things people resolve not to do. Thankfully, I do not subscribe to that horrible tradition and continue with my wanton behavior year round for the most part. However, now that I went to a new year's party in the middle of the year, I feel more inclined and open to the idea of making a resolution (there is no pressure like that felt on new year's, and since we are already in the 5th month of this year, that's means only 7 months to do this instead of the gruesome twelve). So...as of now, even though it is just a little post-party reflection...I would like to resolve not to eat the bullshit people bring into my office...doughnuts, chocolate, cake, etc...i just have no self control and I binge on it...it's not pretty and my stomach is constantly mad at me.

Anyhow, back to the party, it was a sexy good time.
There were two ball dropping count-downs...champagne and fruit, delicious entrees, beautiful out-fits...shnazzy decorations...quarters, and eventually drunk karaoke...haha

Gracias a dios que no cante, but I'm sure one of these days I will :) I still have some "mike anxiety" after my poor performances in Argentina and Cyprus...why is it when I'm in another country and really tanked I always get forced to karaoke...WHY?

The weather was so nice down in LA, Jake and I laid out by the pool a couple times and I got a little color on my pasty white skin (I think Jake looked the same though...hmph). Either way, I think there should be more mid-year New Year's festivities. Maybe we should call them Half Year New Years...I don't know, that wasn't all that creative...maybe something else.

In this photo...you can see that the pop rocks were flowing just a quickly as the champagne....spread it on!!!

Back at work now, barf poo stink.

No comments: