Monday, April 23, 2007

Jones/Golf

The new restaurant, Jones, down in the Marina district is....AWESOME!! We got the mac n' cheese, hummus, calamari, awesome blossom, and the artichoke dip....I could have done without the hummus, but everything else was soooo great.

It is clear to me that a central theme is still lacking, as I and my friends were sort of confused as to where we were: A nice restaurant, an old diner, a sports bar?? WHERE ARE WE...haha. The old Marina Sports bar TVs are still there, and all this road diner chachqui (lisence plates, beer signs, checkered table cloths, etc) which sort of distracts from the semi-upscale dining experience they seem to want to portray...But, aside from the confusing decor...I had such a great time. Morasha was our server, and she did an amazing job :)

I would totally recommend it to anyone.

Other than that, I golfed for the first time ever down at the Palo Alto Hills golf club. Well, I don't know if hitting balls at the driving range is considered playing golf, but it's the first time I had ever done that either. My hands are super sore, blistered, and bruised...and my back is also a little sore...I always thought it would be this zen experience--relaxing and revitalizing. Instead, I was totally pooped...it was a perfect day though :) We came home and finised Citizen Kane (finally) and ate stir fry...delish...haha

My respect for golf players has since doubled.

No comments: