Tuesday, June 26, 2007

BURNING WO-MAN

Woman
Woe man
Whoa man
She was a thief
You gotta believe
She stole my heart and my cat
Betty
Judy
Josie and those hot Pussycats
They make me horny
Saturday morny
Girls of cartoons
Won't leave me in ruins
I want to be Betty's Barney
Hey, Jane, get me off
This crazy thing...
... called love



Sooooo, for the past few months I have been toying with the idea of a vacation. It has been about two years since I went on one (excluding trips to Tahoe, Las Vegas, LA, the Cedars, New York, and other baby weekend vacations...those don't count), and I am feeling like a week long vacation is in order. Jake and I thought about Hawaii...Guatemala, and Argentina (still in the works for next year I think), but Burning Man somehow won the prize. So yeah...this will be my first time...

I feel a sense of hypocrisy going to this event for various reasons...

1) I made fun of people who went to this festival, and continue to do so....and will more than likely make fun of myself whilst there...
2) I always thought it was for old hippie friends of my dad...which led me to do #1 repeatedly.
3) The scene there, or what I had heard of it...didn't really seem like my style of fun...granted, I like to do various things that go on there, I just felt like it was a forced and superficial atmosphere....
4) I like to camp near a source of water (this one isn't hypocritical though...just logical I guess)...is that so wrong?!

there are more reasons but ultimately it all leads back to reason #1...

So, I knocked it before I tried it...so now I'm trying it...and hopefully since I knocked it down so long ago, I will be able to enjoy it objectively without all those preconceived notions....that and Jake's pictures of it are pretty great, and his stories did intrigue me.

Anyhow...guess there is lots to do before hand. Figure out supplies (water, food, etc), become a major artist in the course of two months....get some weird outfits together (I'm opposed to this one...as it seems a little forced...) I don't know...but first I have to buy my ticket to make it official. It's freakin expensive, too bad they don't do it on Ocean Beach anymore....sad.

On that note:
Harriet, Harriet
Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
Beautiful, bemuséd
Bellicose butcher
Untrusting
Unknowing
Unlovéd

.....fade to black :)

No comments: