Monday, October 19, 2009

Hiatus No More



It's been a year or so since I've posted. Much too long. How could I have kept my hoards of fans from such important information. Mom...if you're reading this, that means you!

So much has happened I don't even know where to start. I got a new job that I like, I went to Yosemite for the first time, I had Korean BBQ, my sister got married, and got a dog (I still have no animal, and I've switched my object of affection from a pug to a Boston Terrier. One day I'll be responsible enough to own a dog, but I digress...back to my major life accomplishments from the past year), Alex and Dan got married, Jake's sister had a baby, I got a sweet calendar, and drew some pictures, among other things...


















I've even become accustomed to the high volume of caffeine in Peet's coffee. I guess tolerance is a short lived creature. Either way, I'm not addicted, so don't judge. I buy coffee maybe once a week (if that), and for the most part drink it once or twice a week, tops.

Alex and Dan got married! So crazy to think 6 or so years ago we met a skinny, bearded guy on a random street in Budapest that would end up being one of my best friend's husband. Como me encanta la vida...Dan Dan the Dancing Man, you are the best bowling buddy a girl could ask for :)

Jillian Ely is no more, she is now Mrs. Anderson. Sort of a strange what a name change can do. I'm still not used to it, but I know I'll get there soon enough. :)

All in all, and as cliche as it sounds, time has flown and things have changed. Queue David Bowie please...

Now, it seems I am faced with a new situation. My company wants me to move. I've been in San Francisco for nine years. Nine years! I can almost talk about a decade in one city, and at my age it is making me feel old. But, it begs the question -- do I stay in a city I have loved like a dear old friend, or do I move to a new city that seems very foreign and hot (think summertime on the Sun's surface)?

Either way, I know things will work out. They always do. I just wish I had a flow chart of the possibilities. I love flow charts.

As Mom always said: Que sera, sera... (a little bit of pacifism never hurt anyone, right Donnie?)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Now this girl has talent. I'd say write a book, yes? Thanks for entertaining me with your blog.

Ken said...

Who is that girl...and why does she blather on about her "non-addiction" so much, que "lou reed" who?. I'll just bet one or two cups a week...your tolerance has changed? hmmmm. JUST SAY NO!! Have fun in Phoenix...bring automatic weapons, don't talk to strangers, and support America's Hero Joe Arpaio!!!! Your mom told me you were here..hahahaha